Vice President of Data Science - Futuredontics
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Please click here to apply to this role!
Who We Are:
In your hierarchy of needs where do innovation, collaboration and changing the world for the better rank? Here at Futuredontics, we are intent on improving the lives of people through better oral health. We’re doing this through innovative solutions delivered by passionate employees working together, breathing high performance and personal accountability. We’re continuously creating an environment of uncompromising integrity and unrelenting commitment to our customers and the consumers they treat.
We’re in pursuit of a data scientist / statistician to be part of our senior leadership team. This person will lead their team in identifying opportunities to productively support the overall business with a sustained commitment to overcoming obstacles. The ideal candidate is driven to build an incredible team, demand excellence of themselves, their colleagues and their employees and measure themselves against objectives they’ve helped define. This person has the courage to do the difficult unpopular thing instead of the easy popular one- never compromising, never settling.
This leader is responsible for:
- Data Extraction: employ SQL to construct datasets from various databases / tables, ensure data quality and otherwise prepare datasets for analysis
- Business Intelligence: specify KPIs and deliver historical tracking reports / displays and insights into underlying mechanisms and dynamics to business decision-makers
- Predictive Analytics: develop models to generate forecasts and other forward-looking insights to support business decision-makers and be deployed as input to production algorithms
- Algorithmic Optimization: develop logic and implement production-level code for automated, technology-based decisioning systems
In addition to being responsible for hands-on work and directing the overall team, you will coordinate with business operators and senior management to identify and prioritize data-driven projects; and work closely with database administrators and other members of the engineering team.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand full range of corporate business objectives and details of institutional context within which data-driven applications will be developed and implemented
- Understand database structure and processes, and contribute to the development and execution of effective data mining processes, including: dataset preparation; data cleaning; data exploration; modeling; model deployment; and model assessment
- Apply regression / classification modeling; decision trees, clustering techniques, time-series modeling and related approaches in support of forecasting initiatives.,
- Oversee and contribute to Business Intelligence efforts, including employing Power BI for dashboard displays
- Oversee and contribute to ongoing development and deployment of a robust A/B testing statistical framework based on sampling and hypothesis testing techniques
- Build relationships with senior management, business operators and engineering team
- Present findings and results to management and operating personnel
- Deep theoretical and practical understanding of a range of data mining and statistical modeling / machine learning techniques
- Strong coding skills encompassing, at a minimum: (i) SQL and (ii) either R and/or Python
- Experience applying forecasting models and optimization algorithms to business problems, preferably in a customer facing organization
- Entrepreneurial orientation as evidenced by a self-motivated determination to identify opportunities for our team to productively support the overall business and a sustained commitment to overcoming obstacles
- Management and team-building
- Written and verbal communication
- Master’s-level degree or higher in Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining and/or comparable discipline
Benefits and perks:
Futuredontics is conveniently located in the beautiful Promenade at Howard Hughes Center, just seconds from the 405 and 90 freeways. At Futuredontics we pride ourselves in taking care of our employees. We value individuals and their contributions to the overall success of the company. Benefits-eligible employees have the opportunity to receive a variety of perks and benefits, including:
- A competitive compensation plan
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- A generous paid time off and a holiday schedule
- 100% company-sponsored life and long-term disability insurance and flexible spending plan
- A great office and culture surrounded by cafes, restaurants, shops and more
- Daily food options from Fooda and LA’s top food trucks
- Farmers Market Thursdays
- Other perks like a discounted gym membership located next to the office
Who we are:
Futuredontics is the nation's premier dental marketing company. Since 1986, we've helped thousands of dentists grow their practices. We're a one-of-a-kind company with two very distinct personalities. To millions, 1-800-DENTIST® is the nation’s most trusted provider of free, personalized dentist referrals. To dental professionals everywhere we’re better known as Futuredontics®, the parent company of 1-800-DENTIST and the go-to people for innovative SaaS marketing solutions that help practices acquire and retain more patients.
Please click here to apply to this role!