Senior Marketing Intelligence Manager - Ferrero
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Ferrero USA, a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong track record of innovations and a great reputation for the quality of its products, is looking for a Senior Marketing Intelligence Manager. This role is part of the CMI group. The primary responsibility of the Marketing Intelligence group is to support the brand teams and executive management team in making the decisions that will shape the future of our categories. The team will have a singular focus on the most critical challenges and opportunities facing the businesses, lifting the horizon beyond the immediate term and focusing on issues outside of the "day to day" operations. Reporting to the Marketing Intelligence Director with additional responsibility to the head of CMI in North America, this role has responsibility for driving value and insights through leveraging retail and household panel data standards as well as other Syndicated data suppliers (Euromonitor, NPD, Mintel etc.) within the US. This position is located in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters office.
This role has full accountability in conjunction with the Market Intelligence Director to apply analytic rigor to transform data into analyses and insights to improve decision making. Although consultative skills are important for this role, organizational fit is critical as well. This person must be able to work within a matrix environment, help simplify organizational complexity, as well as is a positive, inspirational leader.
- Along with the Marketing Intelligence Lead, own the insights agenda for the US business to provide recommendations that lead to incremental, profitable growth
- Uncover opportunities that become apparent at a total Ferrero portfolio level through leveraging advanced analytics and key partner agencies
- Champion analytics in a holistic way including deriving relevant insights related to the following: base business, market/shopper insights and combine with other insights partners in the organization
- Ability to present data & information in a compelling presentation in a logical, story board approach resulting in provocative business insights
- Assist with product price optimization and predictive capabilities for improved brand forecasting.
- Strong advanced analytics experience (e.g. Marketing Mix, Price Elasticity modeling), as the position is responsible for designing and executing all research needs under the direction of the Marketing Intelligence Lead.
- Responsible for significant project sections in brand planning– participating/contributing in project definition and idea generation, planning and executing work streams for marketing plan ensuring quality control of data/insights, setting action standards & preparing recommendations and assisting with presentation material for key meetings.
- Beyond providing insight that drives a business action, provides accurate and timely measurement of such business actions, fostering organizational accountability and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 6-8 experience, preferably within syndicated data or other quantitative/analytical related area
- Experience at Nielsen or IRI with manufacturing experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of IRI/Nielsen systems/tools
- Strong presentation skills and a story teller.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships.
- Advanced technical proficiency required along with adeptness on appropriate software spreadsheet/database packages
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to understand business strategies, tactics & implement measurable research plans.
- Understanding of marketing and sales strategy, planning issues, budgeting, priority setting