Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
This position reports to Director of Data & Analytics and is responsible for leading the vision, design and development of scalable Machine Learning(ML) solutions.
- Understand business challenges and propose new modeling and algorithmic solutions that leverages the latest in statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Study new data sources and find insights/correlation to investigate how data can be used to solve new business challenges. Create prototypes with data sets and provide guidance on leveraging and combining new data sources for new business insights.
- Apply statistical analysis and modeling techniques on small and large datasets to solve specific business problems in diverse industrial domains.
- Provide strategic leadership in selection of platform, tools, techniques and processes in the practice of Data Science discipline.
- Work collaboratively with other Product Owners/Product Managers from other business units and/or customers to translate business requirements in to technical requirements that can be answered with statistical and machine learning techniques. Guide and work with engineers and domain owners to produce the required data if not available.
- Provide mentorship to other Data Scientists in the team.
- Own and drive contemporary best practices in applying and deploying data science at scale.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related
- Expert knowledge of statistical programming languages such as R, Python, and SQL.
- Expert knowledge of probability, statistics and machine learning theory including experience in: Clustering, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Dimensionality Reduction, Random Forests, and Neural Networks for prediction and recommendations.
- Must have delivered data science components as part of a commercial solution at scale.
- Readiness to work with engineering teams to develop a prototypes of software products leveraging exploratory data analytics.
- Desirable: Consultative experience providing technology and solution consultation to customers/clients.
- Expert knowledge of data visualization, using tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience working with the cloud computing, including AWS and/or Azure
- Experience working with distributed data storage and computing, including Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, and so forth
- Experience working with traditional databases, such as MS SQL, Teradata, MySQL, and Postgres.
- Expert knowledge of Experimental Design and Statistical Decision Theory
- Agile mindset to jump in to a diverse set of projects.
- Ability to summarize results from analysis to a diverse set of audiences with varying background and technical skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% required.