Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist role is key to the transformation of Digital Supply Chain strategy. The successful candidate will be a Data Scientist with exceptional analytical, problem solving, and research skills with a proven track record of delivering innovative and actionable analytics solutions in complex environments. The incumbent will have experience developing analytic solutions in SAS, applying Data Mining solutions, and applying Machine Learning algorithms and models. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be vital, as collaboration with cross-functional teams is key to the role’s success.
The incumbent will both support and drive improvements in our existing statistical modeling and analytic solutions, including our Demand Forecasting statistical modelling and forecasting system. They will implement new advanced analytic solutions, including Data Mining solutions and applying Machine Learning to existing processes, to increase Forecast Accuracy, improve Service Levels, and reduce Total Delivered Costs. They will continue to evolve the measuring and reporting of performance KPIs for multiple processes, including S&OP Forecast Value Add. The incumbent will partner with IT and other internal analytics teams to drive the evolution of the company's descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytic capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or field with significant Statistics exposure
- 3 years of experience delivering solutions with your excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in SAS programming; experience with R, Python, and creating complex queries in SQL
- Experience with Data Mining solutions including Clustering and Classification methods
- Experience with Machine Learning modeling, including Decision Trees, ANNs, SVMs, BNs, etc.
- Strong MS Office skills, including advanced Excel knowledge and experience with PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - both formal and informal
- Ability to work within a project paradigm with defined deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to manage and balance multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities