Senior Data Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Exciting Senior Data Engineer opportunity with an online media start-up that has a growing Data Team in LA. This will be a highly collaborative role, working closely with their Services and Platform Teams. You will be building a streaming system to support the massive amounts of real-time data coming in on a daily basis.
If you’re looking to stand out and make an impact – this is it! You’ll be one of their first Data Engineers and have a large stake on the product and business direction.
Do you have what is takes?
- At least 7 years of professional experience as an Engineer
- At least 5 years’ experience building complex large scale data products
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Scala, and/or Python
- Expertise in Spark, Kafka, and Kubernetes
- Must be comfortable in being the subject matter expert in data engineering
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
This role is located in Santa Monica, CA and has a generous compensation package (up to $180K)
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.