Senior Data Engineer
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepares and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems:
- Prepares detailed design specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains application programs.
- Exhibits expert business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships.
- Be in a leader on the team which could include, mentoring, reviewing assignments of others, prioritize and delegate team work.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Collaborate with users or IT Professionals to resolve issues with programs. Impacts the development of project plans and timelines, provide estimates for planned work.
- The developer will be working on a team to perform ETL/ELT work to meet needs of the business
- This role is integral to building a consolidated data warehouse for enterprise-wide reporting and to help consolidate legacy data marts
Nice to Haves
- Experience in data modeling
- Experience with Snowflake, Informatica, Oracle or Talend
** Position can sit remote but will need to travel to Cincinnati, OH for meetings occasionally**
Meet Your Recruiter
Natalie comes to Burtch Works from the technical recruiting sector with a strong background in business development and long-term relationship building. She has significant experience identifying contract, contract-to-permanent, and permanent positions in the areas of IT, Business Applications, Telecommunications and Engineering, and now works on our data engineering team.