Senior Data Engineer - Consultant
Boston or New York City, (none selected)
A global management consulting firm in Boston is looking for an experienced Data Analyst/Engineer to join their Analytics Innovation team. This is a highly collaborative team working on complex data solutions for with clients in the telecom and media industries. The Data Analyst/Engineer will be acting as a technical lead in data preparation, managing data quality issues, and building data warehouses in order to support the Data Scientists in providing data insights to clients.
The ideal candidate will come from a fast-paced, project based consulting firm working with Big Data and have the experience and polish to mentor junior staff and lead more challenging projects day in and day out.
***Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to be considered for this role***
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following experience and skills:
- Master’s Degree with 4 years’ of relevant experience as a data analyst or data engineer working with Big Data
- Experience leading projects and mentoring junior data professionals
- Experience preparing data, building data models, and visualizations to drive insights
- Ability to build databases and data warehouses
- Must have excellent SQL and Python skills
- Experience using Spark, Tableau, and relational databases such as MySQL, PostgresSQL, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Consulting background is a must!
This role will be based out of Boston or New York but will be remote for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.
Meet Your Recruiter
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.