Research Manager - SMI Alcott
Park Ridge, IL
Company: An established boutique market research consulting firm, headquartered in Park Ridge, IL (near public transportation), that services Fortune 100 companies. Clients include major pharmaceutical, personal care, service, food and packaged goods companies, both US and globally. Company is 30 years old and has 28 employees.
Description of Position:
This position will provide a solid marketing research manager the opportunity to manage consumer research projects (with special focus on product testing, messaging/positioning research, A&U studies in particular), reporting to the Vice President of Evaluative Research methodologies … and working collaboratively with project team.
1. Project Management: Working collaboratively with senior and junior staff through the life of a research project. Requires project management skills, deep understanding of project flow and internal processes, communication skills, and people management
2. Questionnaire Development: Working collaboratively with senior members and junior staff, build / create custom, strategic research questionnaires according to business objectives, client input, and pertinent qualitative research if applicable.
3. Data / Analysis: Identify analytical plan against business issues. Analyze data from customized survey-based data for business-oriented conclusions. Requires attention to detail, analytical skills, research curiosity, familiarity / comfort level with numbers, data and statistics.
4. Communications: Once established, client contact on questionnaire development, data needs, answering questions on data, providing information on study methodology and accessing data. Involves management of outside vendors throughout project process. Requires professional, mature manner, customer service skills, communication skills, and analytic / problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years in marketing research position (senior analyst, manager) with direct hands-on experience with survey research data, research project management and business applications – with exposure to full range of business issues and relevant types of research.
- Product testing experience is a must.
- Excellent math / analytical skills with a working knowledge of multivariate statistics
- Experience in analyzing marketing research data for business implications
- Solid experience in questionnaire development
- Ability to communicate implications of data well – strong written / report development skills
- Strong organization / project management skills for handling detailed, multi-faceted projects
- At least a bachelor’s degree; master’s preferred but not required; relevant fields (economics, business, marketing / marketing research, statistics, mathematics, psychology, sociology) desirable but not required
- Enthusiastic, self-started, creative problem-solver
Benefits: Casual-dress company located in Park Ridge, IL (near public transportation). Excellent benefits including health insurance and 401K.