Research Manager, Innovation
Chicago, IL 60606
Are you an expert in retail innovation and new concept research? We may have your next dream job!
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-known Fortune 100 retail company to take on highly strategic, insights-driven innovation work. This position will lead key strategic initiatives impacting future direction of the business and new ventures. All candidates must be entrepreneurial-minded with strong business acumen, and the ability to utilize research to guide forward-thinking, long-term strategy for a large organization.
- Active member of a lean team dedicated to new retail innovation initiatives
- Partner closely with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to guide customer-centric business strategy· Keep a pulse on the broader business and industry trends to help the organization adapt to meet changing consumer needs
- Apply insights and findings to long-term strategic business ventures
- 4-8 years of hands-on experience within retail consulting, marketing research or insights, or corporate strategy
- Must have experience in the retail category
- Must be well-versed across primary research, both quantitative and qualitative methodologies, innovation, concept testing, retail concept development/testing, etc.
- Ability to integrate disparate data sources to see the “big picture”
- Strong communication skills essential, both written and verbal; executive presence required
This role is located in the Chicago area and salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $75k-90k.
Keywords: business strategy, corporate strategy, retail strategy, marketing research, market research, custom research, primary research, secondary research, consumer insights, quantitative, qualitative, survey research, intercepts, concept testing, project management, retail, customer experience, consulting