Research Director, Qualitative Research
Los Angeles, CA
Are you a qualitative research expert ready to lead a partnership with a high-profile lifestyle brand? If so, we may have your next opportunity!
Our client, a dynamic and highly-esteemed research consultancy, is looking to add a Director of Qualitative Research. This role will be responsible for managing the relationship with one of the organization’s largest clients, guiding a team of junior researchers, and leading cutting-edge and highly strategic qualitative work from start-to-finish.
This position is part of a specialized qualitative group within a larger well-established organization, so this is a unique opportunity to join a growing team with a start-up vibe, but the backing of a larger company. This person will ideally work out of the LA office, but there may be some flexibility to be based in NYC.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 8+ years of hands-on qualitative research experience, in-person and/or online
- Expertise across the full research process from proposal, research design, writing discussion guides, moderating, analysis, reporting, and presenting
- Proficiency with a variety of methodologies: focus groups, IDIs, online communities, in-context sessions, ethnography, virtual sessions, digital diaries, workshops, etc.
- Strong client-relationship skills, with ability to expand strategic relationships and bring in new business
- Experience across a variety of consumer industries and categories
- Out-of-the box thinker, willing to take risks and try new techniques
- Past management experience, mentoring and training experience
Salary is commensurate with experience and can go up to $110k. Local candidates only, please.
Keywords: marketing research, market research, full-service, custom research, primary research, consumer insights, qualitative, moderation, moderator, interviews, project management, research supplier, focus groups, IDIs, purchase journey, in-depth-interviews, digital qualitative, communities, ethnography