Principal Data Scientist
Bay Area, CA
If you’re interested in using data to improve the lives of people every day, this role could be a great opportunity for you.
Our client, a major player in the healthcare space, is looking to add to its growing data science team in the Bay Area. This Principal Data Scientist will need strategic leadership experience and have hands-on innovative problem solving skills.
You will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of algorithms, models and reporting tools while working cross-functionally with internal and external business partners. This individual is a thought leader with the ability to work with complex datasets and develop analytical procedures, processes and best practices within the organization.
A successful candidate will:
- 10+ years’ experience in analytics and/or data science with leadership responsibilities
- Consulting or healthcare industry experience required
- Superb predictive modeling and machine learning skills and experience with data mining tools and data science techniques
- Strong communication and presentation skills as this role will be interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience leading projects/teams
- Comfort in working cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline