Principal Data Science Engineer
Chicago - downtown, IL
Leading healthcare organization in Chicago is hiring a Senior Data Science Engineer to join their Analytics Group. This role will be focuses on data quality, creating highly scalable data pipelines, and the transformation of structured and unstructured data into a format that can being used for machine learning and analytics. The Senior Data Engineer will also partner closely with IT to ensure that all data products are production-ready and running properly.
****MUST BE A CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB****
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in a data driven role
- Experience building data pipelines/ETL
- Able to work with massive amounts of unstructured data
- Programming skills in Python and shell scrpting
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks such as Spark
- Cloud computing using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
This role is based out of downtown Chicago and compensation depends on experience (base salary + bonus + benefits)
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.