Principal Data Engineer
An innovative data-driven start-up is looking to hire a Principal Data Engineer to manage their data platform across multiple lines of business. This is a team lead position that will require project delivery and team management. The Principal Data Engineer will take ownership of an enterprise cloud platform, perform code reviews, mentor junior members of the team, and represent the organization at events by giving presentations, etc.
Do you have what it takes?
- 8-10 years’ experience in data warehousing/ETL
- Expert programmer with the ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Experience building data pipelines using Python and SQL
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
The salary for this role can up to $140K and will be based out of their downtown Chicago office.
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.