Principal Data Engineer
Our client, a leader in the healthcare industry is seeking an executive level data engineering expert to join their Marketing Analytics Group. You will lead a team of data engineers in the design, build, and productionalization of complex data products and work with senior leaders in defining the analytics roadmap. This role requires at least 5 years of management experience and 10 years as a hands on engineer. You must be well-versed in object oriented programming, cloud computing, and distributed systems.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience building products and applications using Big Data technologies
- At least 5 years’ experience leading a team in the delivery of complex projects in a fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Azure, and DataBricks
- Advanced programming skills using Scala, Java, Python, and PySpark
- Experience implementing machine learning models
This role is based on Boston, MA and the base salary can go up to $180K range plus bonus and equity.
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.