Pricing Data Scientist - Hallmark Cards
Kansas City, MO
To apply, please go here: http://bit.ly/2DrajK5
At Hallmark, our mission is to Enrich Lives by helping our consumers communicate, connect, and celebrate. By working at Hallmark you will be helping people express their feelings and enhance their relationships, while at the same time building your career with one of the world’s most trusted and recognized brands.
The Hallmark Category Management Center is a centralized team dedicated to the four core capabilities of space planning, assortment planning, analytics, and pricing optimization. The expected outcome of this team’s work is efficient and profitable retail growth across 30,000+ rooftops and multiple product categories via solutions that align to the strategies of Hallmark and our retail partners, informed by marketplace insight and analytics. A consistent pursuit of best practice approaches in prioritized capabilities is foundational to this team’s ongoing success.
The Data Scientist – Pricing:
- influences pricing decisions through advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- uses predictive modeling, data mining, segmentation and other statistical analyses to optimize Hallmark revenue and retail sales performance.
- recommends, designs, and evaluates pricing tests to help drive business growth and impact strategic decisions.
- works collaboratively across the organization to understand their need and challenges providing thought leadership and perspective around appropriate statistical analyses to address those issues.
- is an advocate for implementing pricing best practices and identifying opportunities to improve decision making.
Our perfect candidate:
- Will be naturally curious, a critical thinker.
- Will have a background in conducting analysis and developing algorithms for consumers and/or stores from a consumer packaged goods (CPG) company or retailer.
- Is a quick learner with strong initiative who can hit the ground running and bring robust problem-solving skills to Hallmark.
- Is an analytic trailblazer who can mentor and teach to help enhance, build, and grow Hallmark’s analytic capabilities.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Experience in business application of advanced analytics and data mining including predictive algorithms
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Statistics, Physics, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Data Science, Computer Science OR Operations Research.
- Experience with pricing models and analyses STRONGLY preferred.
- Experience using at least one of the following: SAS and/or R.
- Experience with advanced statistical analyses such as Regression, ANOVA, Analysis of Covariance, Repeated Measures, Decision Trees, Time Series, and Clustering.
- Experience with Applied Predictive Technologies (APT) software.
- Experience with Data Visualization software such as Tableau.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfort digging into and integrating large, disparate data sets – structured and unstructured
- Clear evidence of analytical, problem-solving, and strong logical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to assess the situation quickly, including identifying and resolving data anomalies and inconsistencies, and develop practical problem-solving strategies.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem-solving with a passion for getting involved to drive action for direct impact on business outcomes.
- Leverages excellent business and communication skills to be able to facilitate discussions with business areas.
- Proven ability to communicate the key messages and develop a storyline from analytical project work to a non-technical audience.
- Good “people skills” with a developed team orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Hallmark believes in enriching the lives of our employees by offering benefit programs to help you:
- Take care of you and yours: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as discounts on elder care, child care, education assistance and adoption assistance.
- Save for your future: Through profit sharing, you share in the success of Hallmark. We also offer a 4% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Enjoy your time: Maximize your work-life balance through Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, community volunteer opportunities and discounts on product, entertainment venues, amusement parks and sporting events.
- And More! (Like an on-site cafeteria, free parking, access to Crown Center and a fitness center.)
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
To apply, please go here: http://bit.ly/2DrajK5