Market Research Manager/Sr. Manager
Greater Chicago area, IL 60631
Our client, a highly regarded full-service research supplier and consultancy in the Chicago area, is looking to add two Research Managers or Senior Managers to their team. These position will oversee start-to-finish design and execution of custom research initiatives for a range of clients and industries.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a wealth of methodologies and expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Designing, organization and fielding new product testing (including in-home usage testing/IHUT and central location testing/CLT)
- Large-scale segmentation or needs states analyses
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Successfully execute every step of a research project from proposal to research plan creation, questionnaire development, analysis, reporting, and presenting
- Experience with a range of methodologies and ad hoc projects with proficiency in new product testing and/or segmentation
- Work on a wide array of industries ranging from CPG, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals and financial services
- Must be hands-on throughout the research process and capable of multi-tasking to seamlessly handle several projects at once, while consistently nurturing client relationships
- Keep a pulse on clients’ businesses, industry trends, and more
- Skilled at collaborating with a team, as well as managing projects independently
- 4+ (for Manager) or 7+ (for Senior Manager) years of hands-on custom research experience using a variety of quantitative methodologies
- Proven client-management experience
- Passion and openness for learning new pieces of the business, methodologies, etc.
- Ability to multi-task with a keen eye for details and accuracy
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- Some flexibility and ability to travel for qualitative research and to attend final client presentations and workshops
The roles are located in the Chicago area and salary is commensurate with experience and starts at $60k.
Keywords: marketing research, market research, full-service, custom research, primary research, consumer insights, quantitative, survey research, project management, research supplier, consulting, segmentation, new product research, needs states, focus groups, IHUT, CLT