Market Research Manager - B2B (client side)
Chicago suburbs, IL
Our client, a leading global industrial equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Market Research Manager to work on oversee day-to-day research initiatives, both in-house primary custom projects as well as managing external vendors.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of market research experience on either the client- or supplier-side with B2B experience or experience working with B2B-focused clients. This role will work on the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative custom research projects, and many of the projects will be focused on innovation and new product development and much will be global in scope.
- Candidates must be well-versed in a wide variety of custom research methodologies, such as segmentation, awareness & usage, brand tracking, product testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and ethnographies, to name a few.
- Strong communication skills and strategic thinking are critical for interfacing with key stakeholders, presenting insights and providing actionable recommendations. Internal clients will span engineering, finance, marketing and product development.
- Must have demonstrated experience managing budgets and timelines with a keen eye for operational efficiency improvements.
- Familiarity with SPSS and experience programming online surveys is preferred.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing, agricultural, farming and/or construction industry is not required, but candidates must have an interest in these industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong supplier side candidate to make the move to the client side and have an immediate impact.
This role is located in the Western Chicago suburbs and salary is commensurate with experience and includes potential for bonus. There will be some travel involved, including potential opportunities for international travel.