Market Research Manager - B2B (client side)
Chicago suburbs, IL 60606
Our client, a leading global industrial equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Market Research Manager to work on oversee day-to-day research initiatives, both in-house primary custom projects as well as managing external vendors.
Qualified candidates must have between 4-8 years of market research experience on either the client- or supplier-side with B2B experience or experience working with B2B-focused clients. This role will work on the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative custom research projects, and many of the projects will be focused on innovation and new product development and much will be global in scope.
- Candidates must be well-versed in a wide variety of custom research methodologies, such as segmentation, awareness & usage, brand tracking, product testing, in-depth interviews, customer clinics, focus groups, and ethnographies
- Strong communication skills and strategic thinking are critical for interfacing with key stakeholders, presenting insights and providing actionable recommendations. Internal clients will span engineering, finance, marketing and product development.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing, agricultural, farming and/or construction industry is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience managing budgets and timelines with an eye for operational efficiency improvements.
- Familiarity with SPSS and experience programming online surveys.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong supplier-side candidate to make the move to the client-side and have an immediate impact.
This role is located in the Western Chicago suburbs and salary is commensurate with experience and ranges from $60-$85k. There will be some travel involved, including potential opportunities for international travel.
Keywords: custom research, market research, quantitative, qualitative, in-depth-interviews, one-on-one interviews, new product development, survey research, segmentation, A&U, tracking, farming, B2B, manufacturing, vendor management, agriculture, construction, customer clinics, focus groups, business-to-business