Manager of Shopper and Market Insights
New York City, NY 10292
If you’re number-savvy and love working with syndicated data and are experienced with Nielsen or IRI, then keep reading!
We’re working on an exciting NYC opportunity with an established global company that might be for you. This is a brand new role and this person will be responsible for partnering closely with key stakeholders to answer business questions and deliver marketplace understanding, while building the out the function internally.
This is a syndicated/secondary research position, so our client is looking for someone fluent across a mix of databases and data types with the ability to analyze a range of data to uncover insights, build a story, and provide data-driven recommendations for the business. This is a high-visibility position within a blue-chip organization with strong opportunity for career growth.
- 4+ years of syndicated research experience in a client-side organization OR a supplier-side organization focusing on CPG clients
- Expert with Nielsen/IRI and Point of Sale (POS) data
- Keen ability to pull data to address business questions, build a story, provide actionable recommendations
- Must be comfortable with category insights, retailer insights, competitive and/or market intelligence
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to collaborate across different internal teams
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field a must; Master’s preferred
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with supplier- or client-side experience to elevate their career and help start a function from scratch. This role is located in Midtown, NYC and salary is commensurate with experience [ranging from $90k-$110k].
Keywords: syndicated research, secondary research, market insights, market research, shopper insights, IRI, Nielsen, Point of Sale, POS, panel, CPG, consumer goods, durable goods, project management, vendor management