Manager of Consumer and Product Insights
Chicago - northern suburbs, IL 60018
Our client, a well-known and beloved durable goods company in the Chicago area, is looking to add a strong hands-on researcher to their growing team in a Manager of Consumer and Product role.
This position will partner closely with product management and work on a wide range of custom global insights and innovation projects. This role will be highly strategic, though strong candidates must be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and running primary research initiatives hands-on from start to finish.
This is a fantastic opportunity for supplier- and client-side research professionals to work on new product initiatives globally and join a growing organization in a high-impact position.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 6+ years’ experience in primary custom research with expertise in new products/innovation research (supplier- OR client-side experience)
- Ability to run a full range of quantitative and qualitative projects in (e.g., innovation, concept testing, A&Us, discrete choice, pricing elasticity, focus groups etc.) and oversee 3rd party vendors
- Experience with innovation and new product development research required; prior experience working with product management or R&D teams ideal
- Familiarity with CPG or durable goods preferred; product and brand innovation experience a must
- Must be a strategic thinker, with an eye on big picture research and implications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to partner closely with key internal stakeholders
- Previous experience managing global projects
- Must be a strategic thinker with a knack for creative problem solving, coming up with new methodologies, and extracting actionable implications
- A 4-year college degree, graduate or advanced degree preferred
- Must be able to travel as needed, ~25%
This role is located in the Chicago suburbs and salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $90k-$115k.
Keywords: custom research, marketing research, primary custom research, quantitative, qualitative, new products, new product development, innovation, survey research, consumer insights, shopper insights, CPG, consumer goods, project management, durable goods, vendor management