Manager of Consumer Insights
Bay Area, CA
Does the idea of conducting research for one of the world’s best-known video game companies sound exciting? If you are an experienced marketing research professional, then this may be the role for you!
Our client, a leading video game company, is seeking a Consumer Insights Manager to lead primary custom research initiatives from start to finish. This role will partner closely with studio leaders, game developers, and marketing to understand business needs and develop research plans to help guide global business strategy.
Prior client-side experience in marketing research and insights is required, preferably at a CPG manufacturer or a tech firm. While you don’t need to be a die-hard gamer, all candidates must have an interest in the category. This is a great opportunity to make an impact at a dynamic and growing company!
This role is located in the Bay Area; our client is open to candidates from outside the area and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Manage research that propels business outcomes in product development, marketing, and corporate strategy
- Establish the annual research agenda for assigned products
- Partner with Analytics and Data Science groups to provide key insights from internal consumer data
- Clearly communicate insights to a broad variety of stakeholders
- Collaborate with other areas of the business on strategic projects
- Manage multiple internal and external projects involving complex data analysis
- Act as a liaison for marketing decisions across the company
- Manage and develop junior staff, external vendors and internal partners
- Approximately 20-25% travel – both domestic and international
- 5+ years’ experience in primary custom marketing research/consumer insights
- Well-versed in a wide array of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (i.e.: segmentations, attitude and usage studies, NPS, positioning research, ad testing, customer experience, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Able to manage quantitative research projects in-house, 3rd party agencies are not frequently used
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to structure and deliver compelling and concise presentations
- Self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to drive results and affect change within the organization
- Willing to get hands dirty with data, but has an eye on the bigger picture as well
- Natural problem solver with an eye for creative solutions
- Proficient in excel and regression analysis; experience with SPSS, SAS, Tableau and/or other analytics software packages
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA /MS/PhD strongly preferred