Lead Data Scientist, Forecasting
Phoenix, AZ US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
*Fully remote opportunity*
The world leader in automotive retail is looking for a Lead Data Scientist, Retail to support their Marketing, Supply Chain, Pricing & Merchandising functions. This multi-billion dollar company has big name recognition and is looking to expand and evolve by making data a central component of their strategy. If you are looking to join a company that is investing in data and analytics insights, this is the role for you!
As Lead Data Scientist, Retail, you will take the lead on projects that cross multiple business segments or domains, primarily working on issues around forecasting, demand planning, and pricing. Additionally, you will build and validate predictive models utilizing large scale data from multiple data sources and methodologies. This person will also frequently communicate analytics results to C-level executives and below and contribute to the organizations data strategy and roadmap.
• 6-9 years of data science experience
• Experience applying statistical techniques in 3+ business units or domains (marketing, pricing, supply chain, operations, etc.)
• Extensive Experience in Machine Learning
• 6 years of programming experience in statistical software (for example Python, R, or SAS) and able to demonstrate proficiency at an advanced level. Python expertise is preferred.
• Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Ability to communicate complex analytics concepts and techniques to C-Level executives and below
• Ability to work collaboratively with other data scientists and multiple stakeholders across business unit(s) and with external partners.
• Intellectual curiosity, a passion for data and a results orientation.
Keywords: data science, analytics, machine learning, merchandising, pricing, optimization, marketing, supply chain, modeling, forecasting, logistics, retail