Greater Los Angeles, CA 90292
Our client, a mature CPG and nutrition start-up in growth mode, is looking to add a Insights Director to their expanding team in the Los Angeles area. This is a highly visible and strategic position within the lean organization, and this role will be responsible for establishing the business insights practice and leading a team of four.
Ideal candidates will have hands-on experience in the CPG industry and knowledge of retail/ecommerce environments, be seasoned with shopper data, loyalty card data, and syndicated resources such as Nielsen, IRI, and SPINS.
This is a fantastic time to join a growing and dynamic manufacturer to leverage data and insights to drive business strategy across the organization.
- 5-15 years of experience within category management, marketing research, consumer insights, or consumer analytics
- CPG / consumer packaged goods
- Experience in POS data and syndicated research and data sources, including IRI, Nielsen, SPINS
- Strong understanding of retail and eCommerce environments
- Innate ability to use a range of data to distill insights, build the story, and come with strategic recommendations
- Desire to work in a lean and fast-moving start-up organization with a collaborative culture
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal/presentation
- Proficiency in Tableau and/or data visualization
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field a must, advanced degree preferred
Local candidates based in the LA area only, please. Salary ranges from $140k-$165k and is commensurate with experience.