Group Director of Custom Research
Washington DC Metro Area, (none selected)
Are you a custom marketing research guru with a passion for multicultural and generation-based strategy and insights? We may have your dream job!
Our client, a D.C. area-based research consultancy with a stronghold in multicultural and generational research, is seeking to add a Group Director of Custom Research to lead their team of Qualitative and Quantitative researchers.
This company has an innovative, start-up culture and is looking for a dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and desire to grow a business. This is a highly strategic position and this person will lead a team of researchers and also work closely with clients across industries, building and nurturing longstanding relationships.
Qualified candidates must have:
- At least 12+ years of custom research experience – both qualitative and quantitative, ideally several years’ experience at a research supplier, consulting firm or advertising agency
- Hands-on experience with research start-to-finish (project scoping to proposals to presentation of results)
- Deep methodological expertise across methodologies (e.g., segmentation, A&U, brand equity, messaging, focus groups, ethnography, online communities, etc.)
- Experience researching niche audiences (e.g. Millennials, multicultural research, etc.) preferred
- Strategic ability to distill insights to help solve clients’ intricate business objectives
- Superior client and team management skills
- Spanish fluency is not required but an added bonus
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
This is great opportunity to join a growing company in a leadership position. This role is based near Washington, DC and salary is commensurate with experience.
Keywords: custom research, market research, quantitative, qualitative, multicultural, millennial, leadership, online communities, focus groups, survey research, consulting