Director of Research and Consulting
Our client, a technology enabled platform that connects their clients with the world’s largest network of subject matter experts, is seeking a new Director to join their expanding Financial Services & Healthcare team. This position will work closely with clients to understand their business issues and help design research and surveys to guide strategy and business decisions. The Director needs to have a strategic consulting mindset and impeccable client service skills, a strong foundation and knowledge of the custom research and insights, and a rich understanding of the healthcare and financial services industry to hit the ground running from day one.
Candidates must have:
- 6-14 years’ experience within a marketing research supplier or consultancy
- Deep knowledge and domain expertise in healthcare, medical device, hospitals, and/or life sciences
- Expertise in a wide range of custom marketing research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative)
- Confident demeanor and expertise in pitching business to new and existing clients
- Ability to develop deep collaborative partnerships with key accounts; demonstrate thorough understanding of clients’ business strategy and leveraging solutions to align with clients’ objectives
- Experience leading junior researchers and managing a team
- Strong professional skills including: planning, writing, oral/verbal communications, client service, and presenting
- Have experience managing revenue; ability to bring in new business a plus (though this is not a sales role)
- BA in Business or related field; MBA or advanced degree in life sciences or another medical field preferred
This role is based in Austin, TX; salary is commensurate with experience and ranges $75k-95k with bonus potential.
Keywords: marketing research, market research, client service, client services, strategy, survey design, analysis, business development, consulting, custom research, primary research, consumer insights, customer insights, quantitative, healthcare