Director of Marketing Strategy & Insights
Des Moines, IA
Are you a Marketing guru with experience in the meat or food processing category? If so, we may have your dream opportunity!
We’re working with a well-known organization in the meat industry and our client is seeking a strong Director of Marketing Strategy & Insights to join their team in the Des Moines, Iowa area.
This is a vital role within the organization with high visibility and an opportunity to make an impact on day one. This person will wear many hats and be responsible for leveraging market and category information in conjunction with customer and marketplace insights to develop and execute marketing strategies and promotions for the company.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years’ relevant marketing experience in the food, grocery or foodservice industry, as well as previous experience within the protein, meat, pork, poultry or fish categories.
- 5+ years of marketing experience within the food or foodservice industry
- Experience within protein, meat, pork, or fish (supply chain, production, processing, packing, retail, etc.)
- Ability to turn marketplace insights into marketing strategy
- Hands-on experience with strategic marketing plan development and execution
- Strong and persuasive communication skills essential, both verbal and written
- Proven collaboration skills; ability to partner closely with diverse internal and external groups
- Critical listening and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be open to domestic travel
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
This role is based in Des Moines, IA; our client is open to candidates outside of the area and offers relocation assistance. Salary is commensurate with experience and starts at $115k.
Keywords: marketing, marketing strategy, integrated marketing, strategic planning, marketing intelligence, strategy, insights, consulting, analysis, project management, food industry marketing, farming, meat, meat production, meat processing, pork, swine, foodservice, grocery