Director of Market Research
Chicago, IL 60631
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Market Research for our client, a well-known full-service custom research supplier in the Chicago area. This person will lead the design and execution of custom research initiatives for a range of clients, collaborate closely with team members of varying levels, consistently build and nurture client relationships, and work to bring in new business and grow existing client engagement.
- 12+ years of hands-on custom research experience
- Ability to successfully execute research projects from start-to-finish, including proposal, designing a research plan, questionnaire development, analysis, reporting, and presenting
- Proven expertise with new product testing and/or segmentation required
- Must also have experience with a wide variety of primary research methodologies (i.e. A&U, white space analysis, trackers, concept testing, ad/messaging testing, etc.)
- Strong experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- Skilled at collaborating with a team, as well as managing projects independently
- Familiarity with a mix of industries (CPG, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, financial services, etc.)
- Strong client development and new business experience
- Innate curiosity; desire to keep a pulse on clients’ businesses, industry trends, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
This role is located in the Chicago area; salary is commensurate with experience and starts at $110k.
Keywords: marketing research, market research, full-service, custom research, primary research, consumer insights, quantitative, survey research, project management, research supplier, consulting, segmentation, new product research, needs states, focus groups, IHUT, CLT