Director of Market Research
Chicago - downtown, IL
Does the idea of designing and leading primary research to help solve Fortune-500 clients’ business problems sound exciting to you? If so, keep reading to learn more about our client’s brand new opening!
A growing full-service custom research firm is seeking a dynamic Director of Market Research to join them in their beautiful downtown Chicago-Loop office. This person will lead the design and execution of primary research initiatives for a range of clients, collaborate closely with team members of varying levels, bring in new business and build strong client relationships, and consistently work on nurturing and growing existing client accounts.
- 6-12 years of hands-on custom marketing research experience
- Ability to successfully execute research projects from start-to-finish, including proposal, designing a research plan, questionnaire development, analysis, reporting, and presenting
- Must also have experience with a wide variety of primary research methodologies (A&U, white space analysis, trackers, concept testing, ad/messaging testing, etc.)
- Strong communication skills essential – must be comfortable working closely with a range of external clients at varying levels and translating their business concerns into research initiatives
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- Skilled at collaborating with a team, as well as managing projects independently
- Familiarity with a mix of client industries (CPG, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, financial services, etc.)
- Strong client development and new business experience
- Innate curiosity; desire to keep a pulse on clients’ businesses, industry trends, etc.
- Ability to travel at least 25% to meet with clients located in the Midwest and on the East Coast
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business, or related field; Advanced Degree preferred
This role is located in downtown Chicago (local candidates only, please). Salary is commensurate with experience and ranges $90k-$110k with potential for bonus.
Keywords: marketing research, market research, full-service, custom research, primary research, consumer insights, quantitative, survey research, brand research, project management, research supplier, consulting, segmentation, brand strategy