Director of Machine Learning
Los Angeles Area, CA 90291
We’re working on an exciting Director of Machine Learning opportunity with a growing online media start-up in the Los Angeles area.
This is a highly collaborative role, working closely internal teams to build new data products and machine learning applications to support the massive amounts of real-time data coming in on a daily basis. This new Director will help to produce machine learning services that will be integrated into other products including NLP, recommendation engines, etc.
While previous people management experience is preferred, very strong technical skills are more important than management experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about joining a well-funded late-stage start up and who is excited about building out a team over the next several years
- 5+ years’ experience and a history of leading successful advanced analytics and data science projects
- Strong technical skills and proficiency in Python
- Fluency in a range of Machine Learning toolkits
- Experience designing and employing production quality ML algorithms and code
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science or Math (PhD preferred, Masters required)
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Interest in the media industry and streaming services
This role is located in the Los Angeles, CA area and has a generous compensation package (up to $200K). Strong preference for candidates already located in the L.A. area.
Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens only please.
Keywords: Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, ML engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, recommendation engines, NLP, Natural Language Processing, analytics, R, Python, SAS, SQL, statistical modeling, predictive analytics, regression modeling, Java, Scala