Director, Data Engineering
A major player in the healthcare industry is looking for a Director, Data Engineering to join their team in DFW! This is a strategic, cross functional role that will be developing a roadmap for business-specific analytic tools across the enterprise. The right candidate for this role will have experience managing a large portfolio of projects involving asset ownership, data stewardship, and product management.
- Develop the roadmap and strategy for platform, data processes and tools required to support the data needs across the enterprise
- Lead a team of data specialist in the continuous enhancement of data assets
- At least 10 years of experience in delivering data analytics solutions
- Needs to have a strong proficiency in both traditional data warehousing and big data technologies such as SQL, Teradata, Power BI, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Python, and AWS (or other major cloud platforms)
- Proven leadership experience working cross functionally across an enterprise
- Understanding of data science and machine learning principles
- Healthcare experience is strongly preferred
This role is located in Dallas, Texas and the salary is based on experience (goes up to $185K).
**Unfortunately, no visa sponsorship is available for this role at this time.**
Meet Your Recruiter
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.