Data Scientist - Hallmark Cards
Kansas City, MO
To apply to this role, please go here: http://bit.ly/2mMPePa
While you might perceive Hallmark to be just a greeting card company, Hallmark is an extremely innovative company that continues to evolve its products and solutions to help consumers communicate, connect, and celebrate in contemporary ways. Over the last 100+ years we have created thousands of unique products in 30 languages that are distributed in over 40,000 retail rooftops throughout 100 countries around the world.
This means that Hallmark was a big data company before big data was even a “thing.” We have data on millions of consumers and their purchases across tens-of-thousands of products across thousands of points of distribution. Recently, we have layered onto our big data pile tons of digital consumer behavior data, digital marketing data, and social data. That means our big data just got bigger!
We need curious analytic people to join our team to help us develop business growth insights from all this data. You will have the opportunity to analyze large datasets in a collaborative team work environment providing daily challenges and ongoing learning.
The Data Scientist at Hallmark will perform data analyses to derive insight, patterns and correlations from Hallmark's big data that includes vast amounts of consumer data, store data, product sales data, and other relevant data. You will develop predictive and prescriptive algorithms and conduct data analyses to drive business growth and impact strategic business decisions. You will work in a team environment alongside a group of expert mathematicians, statisticians and data scientists.
The perfect candidate will be innately curious and a strong critical thinker. You will have a background in conducting analysis and developing algorithms for consumers and/or stores from a consumer packaged goods (CPG) company or retailer. You are a quick learner who can hit the ground running and bring analytical approaches not currently practiced by Hallmark. You are flexible, have strong initiative and are highly collaborative. You are an analytic leader who can mentor and teach to help enhance, build, and grow Hallmark’s analytic capabilities.
This position is located at our headquarters in Kansas City (the Missouri side) and relocation is available for this role. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out Huffington Post’s #1 “City to keep on your Radar” and the first city chosen for Google Fiber gigabit internet! Check out this video for more information on living and working in Kansas City.
We invite you to join us to help make the world a happier and better place.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Experience with mathematical predictive algorithm development utilizing large-scale multivariate datasets
- Experience in business application of advanced analytics and data mining including predictive algorithms
- 3+ years of mathematical predictive algorithm development utilizing large-scale multivariate datasets
- 3+ years’ experience in business application of advanced analytics and data mining including predictive algorithms
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- PhD or MS in quantitative discipline - Statistics, Physics, Math, Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research – highly preferred
- Experience with SAS, R, Python, Tableau, SQL, Hadoop, Spark
- Proficiency in either R or Python
- Experience deriving insight from structured and unstructured data
- Experience with a consumer packaged goods (CPG) company or retailer
- Demonstrated ability to derive explanatory variables from high-dimensionality collections of data: social, click-stream, SKU-level sales, digital marketing, weather, economic
- Experience working with Big Data
- Inherently Curious, Self-starter, Proactive, Comfort with Ambiguity, Passion for Problem-solving, Creative, Collaborative, Team-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to coach and teach others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Hallmark believes in enriching the lives of our employees by offering benefit programs to help you:
- Take care of you and yours: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as discounts on elder care, child care, education assistance and adoption assistance.
- Save for your future: Through profit sharing, you share in the success of Hallmark. We also offer a 4% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Enjoy your time: Maximize your work-life balance through Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, community volunteer opportunities and discounts on product, entertainment venues, amusement parks and sporting events.
- And More! (Like an on-site cafeteria, free parking, access to Crown Center and a fitness center.)
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
To apply to this role, please go here: http://bit.ly/2mMPePa