Data Scientist - Edward Jones
St. Louis, MO
The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for the design and development of complex mathematical methods and statistical models in support of data driven strategies. The role requires the ability to leverage data from multiple sources to develop innovative solutions to business problems. An ideal candidate must be able to work closely with business partners to develop tailored analytic solutions. A senior data scientist will be responsible for guiding projects from design through implementation and final delivery to internal business partners.
- Define data needs and evaluate data quality for applicability to posed problems
- Use statistical modeling, machine learning and numerical optimization to discover and leverage patterns in data using...[Time Series Analysis, Classification Algorithms, Clustering, Regressions, Recommender Systems, Linear/Nonlinear Optimization, Monte-Carlo simulation, text mining, natural language processing]
- Ability to create features and develop models beyond standard toolset libraries to meet unique business challenges
- Interpret and communicate findings and insights from the data to business partners
Master of Science Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related field required. PhD preferred
7+ years professional experience with predictive statistical models or numerical optimization, and working with typical data used in such analyses
Proficient in one or more programming languages (Python, R, Scala)
Comfortable manipulating data in one or more of (SQL, Hive, Impala, Pig, Spark)
Ability to translate data into meaningful value propositions for business partners in order to facilitate understanding. Provide accurate and actionable business intelligence reporting
Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are ineligible for this position
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- Edward Jones ranked No. 5 in the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 2017
- In 2016, Fortune Magazine ranked us seventh on their list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women. The list is based, among other things, on employee benefits, flexible scheduling and work-life balance.