Exciting Data Engineer opportunity with an industrial manufacturing start-up in Pittsburgh! If you are interested in IoT and AI, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment then this might be the job for you. The Data Engineer will play a big role in the strategic direction of the company and will work alongside data scientists and engineers in solving complex data problems using cutting edge technologies.
Do you have what it takes?
The right candidate needs to have experience building machine learning pipelines and experience working with a variety of databases, programming languages, and cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Data Engineer
- At least 3 years of experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Expertise using Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Must be comfortable in being the subject matter expert in data engineering
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
This role is located in Pittsburgh and compensation is based on experience.
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.