A rapidly-growing mobile gaming startup located in the Chicago Loop area is looking for a Data Engineer to join their product team. This person will be responsible for building a scalable centralized data warehouse, ETL pipelines, implementing best practices, and deploying predictive models. You'd partner closely with their Data Scientist and support the optimization of their marketing and operations functions. This role requires a self-starter with heavy SQL and Python, cloud computing, some experience with data architecture, and the ability to manage large datasets to fuel data apps and analytics.
If you're interested in working for a unique company that develops video games for doctors and will give you the opportunity to truly make an impact - this might be the role for you!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience as a data engineer
- Needs to have a good proficiency in both traditional data warehousing and big data technologies such as SQL, Python, Snowflake, Power BI, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and AWS (or other major cloud platforms)
- Understanding of predictive analytics and data science principles
- Experience working with mobile game data or healthcare data is a huge plus!
- Ability to efficiently in a highly collaborative environment – must have excellent communication skills
This role is located in downtown Chicago and the salary is based on experience (goes up to $100K plus stock options and GREAT healthcare benefits). **Unfortunately, no visa sponsorship is available for this role at this time.**
Meet Your Recruiter
Before coming to Burtch Works, Caroline earned a Master’s degree in fine art and then worked as an Admissions Recruiter at an art college, as well as on the sales support side at a specialized staffing firm. She now works on the data science recruiting team, specializing in data engineering roles.