Chicago - downtown, IL
Looking for an opportunity to stand out and build something of your own? Are you a Python and SQL wiz who has a strong understanding of data structures and schemas?
Our client, a leading transportation company in Chicago is looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join their Analytics Team. This person will be the first Data Engineer in this group, so it’s important to be an excellent programmer, who knows how to build data pipelines, and transform the data using Python and SQL. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and be the subject matter expert for important business functions.
**MUST BE A CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE**
Qualified candidates must have:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience (internships do not count)
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Experience building data pipelines and database schema design
- Some level of analytics knowledge or experience
This role is located in the downtown Chicago and the salary goes up to the 80K range plus additional benefits.