Atlanta, GA US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Their rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. They are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following Enterprise Data Architect position.
*HYBRID IN ATLANTA* Must live in Atlanta area or be willing to relocate.
- Provide architectural direction and oversight on existing DW/BI projects and Strategic Analytics data product initiatives that are spawned from our long-term D&A strategy
- Provide robust oversight and direction to refactor IM&A DW architecture to line with architectural best practices
- Oversee data product solution architecture by defining the framework and data flows.
- Define and publish the data architecture framework, standards, best practices, principles, patterns, protocols and standards
- Produce conceptual, logical & physical architectures to meet strategic business, financial, data security, privacy and technology objectives through documentation of systems, data flows, and value-chains
- Develop architectural blueprints and strategies for the current state, transition, and future state with the pragmatic approach that aligns with the enterprise data and analytics strategy
- Demonstrate the ability to work with IT enterprise architects and establish the relationship to build a robust architecture framework that includes data architectural best practices
- Collaborate and coordinate with enterprise architecture teams and solution architects within the organization to co-design the global fabric for a connected data & analytics/digital platform arch roadmap & capability
- Coordinate with InfoSec and other risk management functions (e.g., Privacy and Regulatory Compliance) to minimize duplication of effort and maximize execution
- Stay up to date on new methodologies, frameworks and paradigms, tools & techniques in the data and analytics space and recommend modern technology stacks and enable adoption to meet business objectives
- Act as the technical product owner and partner with our business product owners within IM&A to define the technical strategy and solutions for our data and analytics products
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key IM&A team members and business users in support of advanced use cases.
- Perform and participate in tech POC’s, vendor evaluation & software acquisition lifecycle as necessary
- Lead the charge of periodic enterprise data architecture related capability assessments and provide reports and recommendations to leadership to continuously advance our data architecture
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in production relational database environments of any type
- 5+ years’ experience architecting & building large scale modern data/digital platforms, data pipelines, CDC, data streaming, and using real time applications
- 5+ years’ experience writing high performing SQL, building distributed high-performance systems, working knowledge of Cloud DWs, MPP, RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Integration Frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience integrating highly scalable ML/AI models into mission critical applications
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in data & analytics solution design and deployment, data product life cycle management
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience working in cloud-based data environments such as Snowflake, Databricks, or Teradata using Azure or AWS
- Expert-level experience with SQL
- Solid understanding of architecture concepts like data warehouse, data lakes, data fabric/mesh and data lake house
- Experience implementing MDM Capabilities
- Experience with API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, message queues, and integration patterns/frameworks
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning, AI and complex data analysis and providing application and best practice recommendations on Predictive Analytics
- Familiarity with current trends on technologies and solutions related to cloud data security and privacy.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 10+ years’ experience architecting & building large scale modern data/digital Platforms, data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time applications
- 10+ years’ experience writing high performing SQL, building distributed high-performance systems, working knowledge of MPP, RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Integration Frameworks
- 8+ years of experience in Banking, and/or Financial Services
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience working in Cloud based data environments such as Snowflake, Databricks, or Teradata using Azure or AWS
- Cloud Engineering certification(s)
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in deploying and supporting RPA tools