Consumer Insights Manager
Chicago suburbs, IL
Our client, a leading residential and commercial equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Consumer Insights Manager to oversee and lead day-to-day research initiatives, both in-house primary custom projects as well as managing external vendors. Qualified candidates must have between 6-12 years of market research experience including rich experience in the B2B space, either on the client-side or on the supplier-side partnering closely with B2B.
This is a critical role within the organization and will have high impact and visibility, partnering cross-functionally to lead a range of quantitative and qualitative custom research projects, understand the competitive market and uncover white-space opportunities for the business, and leverage insights to guide strategy for the organization.
Additional requirements include:
- Must be well-versed in a wide range of custom qual and quant research methodologies
- Hands-on experience leading projects start-to-finish including: segmentation, awareness & usage, brand tracking, product testing, focus groups, secondary research, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills and strategic thinking; this role will act as an internal consultant - working with key stakeholders, presenting insights and providing actionable recommendations
- Previous experience in the B2B space (manufacturing, equipment, building, construction or auto)
- Familiarity with programming online surveys; Qualtrics experience ideal
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking organization, work on a lean team insights team with nice project ownership potential, and have an immediate impact from day one.
This role is located in the Western Chicago suburbs and salary is commensurate with experience and ranges from $80-$120k. Local candidates only, please.
Keywords: custom research, market research, quantitative, qualitative, new product development, survey research, segmentation, A&U, tracking, innovation, concept testing, forecasting, secondary research, vendor management, market intelligence, business-to-business, B2B, manufacturing, automotive, commercial equipment