Consumer Insights Manager
Are you a hands-on marketing researcher looking for an opportunity to oversee strategy and insights for a well-known suite of brands while overseeing a small team? If so, keep reading!
Our client, a well-known consumer and durable goods company in the Baltimore, MD area, is searching for a Consumer Insights Manager to join their dynamic team.
All applicants must have experience across a wide range of primary research methodologies, including both qualitative and quantitative, and be ready to take on projects from start to finish. This role will be hands-on with a variety of research initiatives and will partner cross-functionally with internal teams, while leveraging insights to guide strategic business decisions. Qualified candidates will have past management experience, be skilled in using data to tell stories and drive strategic decision making, and have experience influencing key internal stakeholders. This is a great opportunity for a client or supplier-side researcher to transition to an in-house research team within an established organization.
Qualified candidates should have:
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing research with a deep insights toolkit
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (i.e. A&Us, product development, concept testing, innovation, messaging work, focus groups, user sessions, etc.)
- Experience managing and/or mentoring a small team of direct reports
- The ability to develop custom methodologies, program surveys, and use statistical software to analyze data
- Exposure to secondary data with the ability to synthesize a mix of resources to tell the story
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Innate curiosity and must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture
- A 4-year college degree; graduate or advanced degree preferred
This role is located in the Baltimore, MD area. Salary ranges from $75k-$85k and some relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Keywords: custom research, marketing research, primary custom research, quantitative, qualitative, focus groups, moderating, survey research, consumer insights, shopper insights, innovation, consumer goods, durable goods, project management, people management, vendor management, brand development, data visualization