Consumer Insights Director
Bay Area, CA
Our client, a leading global video game company, is seeking a senior leader to help oversee their growing Insights function. This Director of Insights will lead a team of researchers at varying levels while overseeing primary custom research initiatives. This role will partner closely with cross-functional teams, including studio leaders, game developers, and marketing, to understand business needs and use insights to guide business strategy. Qualified candidates must have strong leadership capabilities and have the ability to evangelize insights throughout a large global organization.
This is a rare opportunity to join an expanding insights and analytics team at an organization that puts research at the forefront. While you don’t need to be a hard-core gamer, you must have an interest in the category.
This role is located in the Bay Area and salary is commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
- Manage strategic global research initiatives which have a direct impact on propelling the business forward
- Directly oversee and mentor a team of 15+ research managers and research analysts
- Establish the annual research agenda and manage associated budgets
- Clearly communicate research insights and implications to a broad variety of stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal teams and external partners both domestically and globally
- 12+ years’ experience in custom marketing research/consumer insights; 6+ years’ management experience required
- Prior in-house client-side experience is required, preferably within a CPG manufacturer or a tech firm
- Must have held a client-side Director-level role in the past
- Experience overseeing direct reports in a Manager-level or above
- Well-versed across an array of strategic qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (e.g., brand research, segmentation, A&U, positioning research, concept testing, advertising testing, customer experience, customer satisfaction, NPS, etc.)
- Superb verbal and written communication skills; ability to structure and deliver succinct and concise presentations
- Self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to drive results and affect change within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA /MS/PhD strongly preferred
Keywords: custom research, marketing research, primary custom research, quantitative, qualitative, survey research, consumer insights, shopper insights, innovation, video games, gaming, mobile gaming, mobile, consumer goods, people management, direct reports, vendor management