Category Management Analyst
Chicago - northern suburbs, IL 60201
Does the idea of working as an internal category manager at a global CPG firm sound appealing to you? If so, keep reading!
We’re working with a well-known and growing consumer food company to find a Category Management Analyst to join their internal marketing team. Qualified candidates should have 2-4 years of syndicated marketing research experience and be well-versed in Nielsen/IRI POS and panel data.
This person will be responsible for interfacing with and delivering actionable insights to buyers, customers, and retailers. This role will use internal and external data sources and simultaneously keep a pulse on trends in the industry. Candidates should take a consultative approach to research, and have a keen ability to clearly explain the “whys” behind the data.
Part of a lean organization, you’ll have the opportunity to wear many “hats” and have an immediate impact acting as the voice of the brand’s shopper. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with supplier or client side experience to work on a very successful brand and growing business.
- 2-4 years of syndicated research experience at a supplier-side organization servicing on CPG clients OR in a category management/development capacity at client-side CPG organization
- Proficiency in IRI and/or Nielsen Point-of-Sale (POS) AND panel data
- Strong communication skills are essential for interfacing with retail clients and key stakeholders internally to guide decisions surrounding pricing, promotion, assortment and space management.
- Keen ability to pull data to address business questions, identify trends, and understand what the competition is doing
- Must be a strategic thinker, with an eye on big picture research and implications
- Food and CPG backgrounds are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
Our client’s office is just outside Chicago and accessible via metra and ‘L’. They offer competitive a benefits package and a good work/life balance. Salary is commensurate with experience and in the range of $60-70k. Some relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.