Lead, Consumer Insights - CPG
Dallas, TX 75398
Are you an established Consumer Packaged Goods and Food researcher who's up for a challenge? We have a truly unique opportunity to establish a brand new insights function within an established organization. Do you have what it takes?
A well-known, Dallas-based food CPG firm is seeking a leader of Consumer Insights to build the marketing research and insights function within the organization. This is a strategic and highly impactful role. This person will work cross-functionally to leverage insights that will guide and shape the direction of the business.
High energy and passion for insights required -- our client is looking for a research leader who can evangelize and drive enthusiasm for insights within the organization. This is a great opportunity for an experienced marketing researcher to build out an insights function from scratch within an established organization.
Keywords: custom research, marketing research, primary custom research, quantitative, qualitative, survey research, consumer insights, shopper insights, innovation, CPG, consumer goods, food & beverages, project management, vendor management
Qualified candidates should have:
- 10+ years’ experience in primary research with a deep insights toolkit
- Client-side experience required; industry experience within food & beverage or CPG necessary
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom research methodologies – proficient in both qualitative and quantitative (A&Us, concept testing, discrete choice, segmentation, communications testing, etc.)
- Experience with innovation and new products research – prior experience working with an in-house R&D team is preferred
- Proven experience managing external research partners: designing research plans, selecting vendors, managing the process, budgeting, synthesizing findings/insights, etc.
- A knack for creative problem solving, coming up with strategic and sound methodologies, extracting actionable implications to distill throughout the business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential for interfacing with key stakeholders and building relationships across the organization
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to partner closely with key internal stakeholders and top-level executives
- Experience managing direct reports as well as managing large research budgets key
- A 4-year college degree; MBA preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. Some relocation assistance is available for strong candidates.