(Sr.) Manager, Custom Analytics - Nielsen
Manager/Senior Manager, Custom Analytics/Marketing Effectiveness
To apply online, visit: https://nielsen.taleo.net/careersection/3/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1612770
Why do you go to the store to purchase a product? Maybe you have a coupon, saw it advertised on TV or your friends talked about it on social media. In the marketing effectiveness practice, our job is to figure out which media is most successful at driving sales for products in stores. Using statistical models we help clients optimize where they should spend their money on marketing to best ensure their product’s success.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Marketing Effectiveness team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver and the voice of Nielsen at our clients. This role can be located in Chicago, IL or Wilton, CT.
When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Manager you will:
- Develop and lead client teams through designing, selling, executing and presenting analytic studies to meet clients’ research objectives
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
- Work collaboratively with other Nielsen teams to identify revenue opportunities outside of contracted services
- Ensure pro-active insights and action oriented solutions are delivered to the team by being an expert in your practice area with an ability to explain methodology behind all key analytical consulting in respective area to client
- Lead and develop a team responsible for delivering against client commitments
No other company in the world knows more about what consumers watch and buy. Every day, we partner with industry leaders such as Target, ABC, P&G and Coke. At Nielsen, we use personal experiences and skills to build our clients’ businesses, and drive positive change for products and services that you use every day.
At Nielsen, your work makes a difference. In all of our positions, we use a comprehensive awareness of data, processes, tools and people to drive real outcomes with our clients. Our ability to constantly reimagine the total consumer is rooted in our unique team composition that is as culturally diverse as the clients and consumers we aim to serve. This is what makes Nielsen such a unique place to build your career and experience a memorable journey along the way. If you are interested in being at the forefront of trends for tomorrow’s generation, leverage your distinct story and take advantage of the various paths you can travel to build your career at Nielsen. Join the Nielsen team where you can you can be yourself, make a difference and grow with us.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Skilled & polished communicator, including group presentations & proposal writing
- Demonstrated mastery in data analysis & application to client business issues
- Demonstrated strength in maintaining positive client relationships in complex situations & resolving client issues
- People management, training, development experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
Background and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- 4-8 years’ experience
- Strong mathematical/statistical/analytic background
- Previous experience with regression based marketing mix modeling is REQUIRED
- Strong Marketing/Research background
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Relevant experience with statistics, research techniques & experimental design
- Related Industries: Consumer Packaged Goods, Consulting, Information, Sales, Analytics
To apply for this position, please visit: https://nielsen.taleo.net/careersection/3/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1612770