VP of Client Services and Strategy - Retail
Grand Rapids, MI
Our client, a well-known information leader and global research supplier, is seeking a Vice President of Client Services and Strategy to join one of their largest retail clients as the leader of the on-site team.
This is a highly strategic role, as this person will serve as the primary client contact, partner closely with senior leadership, and will oversee a team of four to manage the day-to-day and forward thinking research needs of the client. Excellent communication skills and proven thought-leadership in the retail industry are imperative for this role.
Qualified candidates must have 10+ years of relevant experience on the client and/or supplier side, as well as:
- Expertise in retail with a broad and deep understanding of retail industry trends
- The ability to be a truly consultative partner – maintaining top-notch relationships with the client and being proactive in anticipating their needs
- A strong analytical toolkit to leverage when approaching clients’ business questions
- A knack for thinking strategically about clients’ business issues, leveraging data to glean insights, and crafting actionable recommendations
- The ability to seamlessly transition from higher-level strategic work to getting “in the weeds” with the data when necessary
- Thorough understanding of syndicated, secondary data and POS data sources
- Experience managing P&L as well as multiple projects concurrently
- Management experience and ability to foster an environment for direct reports to succeed
This role is located in Western Michigan and the position is on-site with a high-profile client. Salary is commensurate with experience and some relocation assistance is provided for candidates from outside the area.