VP, Statistical Analysis - Fidelity
The Purpose of Your Role
As the Vice President of Statistical Analysis, you will play a significant role in collaborating with business functions and helping FIAM manage and grow our client base, achieve financial objectives, and optimize distribution plans by analyzing data to segment clients, identify best targets for specific sales/marketing initiatives, and measuring business outcomes. You will also help senior business leaders in decision making by generating quantitative insights that can guide strategies. In addition, you will help FIAM shape our data strategy and collaborate with technology partners to implement new approaches to analyzing data and delivering insights. Your people management responsibilities will include leading and developing a team of analysts, and scale the function over time as necessary. This role is based in Smithfield RI, and will report to the Senior Vice President of Client Insights and Analytics.
The Value You Deliver
- Client segmentation:
- Help distribution optimize sales effort by segmenting the best clients for the sales experience.
- Assess current segmentation models and determine a roadmap for any improvements, efficiencies and scale that should be introduced.
- Simplify models and analytical approaches wherever possible.
- Work with business functions to understand business intent of specific sales/marketing initiatives, and help them develop appropriate KPIs to determine business outcome.
- Determine, implement, and communicate best approaches to measurement.
- Ensure that measurement results are understood accurately and are used to calibrate business initiatives.
- Decision support:
- Develop analytics to uncover quantitative insights to guide business strategy.
- Leverage data to propose new business avenues in addition to building models to solve specific business questions.
- Data strategy:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of FIAM’s data strategy and governance programs in collaboration with technology and business partners.
- Research analytical tools and approaches to make recommendations for advancing the value add realized through data.
- Apply design thinking to deliver insights in an easily consumable fashion suitable to the recipient audience’s role and level.
- Work management:
- Collaborate with a matrix of business partners to understand key initiatives, determine analytical levers, and prioritize the highest impact analytical projects for execution.
- Review work with leadership and business partners on an ongoing basis to calibrate deliverables against expectations, and to avoid scope creep.
- Present key accomplishments to leadership at agreed intervals.
- People leadership:
- Manage a team of 3-4 analytics professionals across multiple levels.
- Set performance expectations and agree upon performance goals and objectives with direct reports.
- Own the talent management process including hiring, onboarding, training, performance reviews and other career development activities.
- Evaluate team effectiveness and propose strategies for improvement.
- Work to create an environment that values and rewards contributions, drive, initiative and achievement of results.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Institutional Asset Management is dedicated to the institutional marketplace and serves consultants and institutional investors, such as defined benefits and defined contribution plans, endowments and financial advisors. Fidelity Institutional Asset Management is a gateway to Fidelity’s broad and deep institutional investment management products and capabilities in equity, fixed-income, high-income and global asset allocation.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, business analysis, engineering, finance etc.
- 10+ years in data analysis/science developing statistical models and delivering quantitative insights which inform execution and effectiveness measurement in a business environment.
- 3+ years in a people leader role in a data analysis/science function.
- Knowledge of intermediary or institutional sold mutual funds and investment vehicles preferred but not mandatory.
- 5+ years in working with databases such as Teradata, Oracle etc., using SQL.
- 5+ years in statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS etc.
- Expertise in working closely with business and technology partners to establish direction and support business execution.
- Knowledge of data platforms, technologies, movement, transformation, big data is a definite plus.
The Skills You Bring
- Proven track record of strategic thinking and the ability to communicate and partner across all levels.
- Demonstrated contributions to sales and marketing outcomes.
- Capable of bringing out the best in people.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, and always maintain the highest integrity.
- Enjoy challenges and look for opportunities to improve our value add.
Relocation assistance will be available for highly qualified candidates. Please include your resume and salary history/requirements with your application.