Survey Programmer - Technomic
Technomic is a leading research and consulting firm serving the food and associated industries from our downtown Chicago headquarters. We are currently seeking an ambitious, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Survey Programmer.
- Build online survey questionnaires in IBM SPSS Data Collection and Reporter
- Responsible for scripting survey routing of varying complexities & methodologies
- Conduct initial tests and debugging on surveys to assure high quality work
- Run data quality checks on online data platforms
- Accurately run data tables and cross-tabulations based on report and client needs
- Consult with survey sample vendors to launch and field consumer & operator surveys and accurately obtain specified requirements
- Continued improvement by developing programming abilities and expanding team’s capabilities.
- Run additional analysis for surveys as required including: turf analysis, cross-tabulation, perceptual maps, segmentation analysis, regression analysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of related professional experience
- Familiarity with SPSS, R, SAS, Stata or similar statistical scripting software.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics, Dimensions or other survey programming platform preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, power pivots, v-lookup)
- Experience working with Tableau a plus
- Must have attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of market research and data processing best practices a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Economics or quantitative discipline required.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident authorized to work without sponsorship.
Only Technomic delivers a 360 view of the food industry. We drive growth and profitability for our clients by providing the most reliable, consumer-grounded, channel-relevant data, with forward-looking, strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We offer excellent career growth opportunities, 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance and unlimited PTO. We have an excellent Chicago loop location, just steps from many public transportation systems.
If you have a strong interest in a career with a firm dedicated to client service excellence and cutting-edge solutions to marketing and management problems and issues, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history.
For additional information on Technomic please visit our website at: www.technomic.com
Technomic is an EOE.