Sr. Analyst, Cross-Channel Marketing - Express
The Express Marketing Planning and Analytics team is responsible for providing high-quality analytical work in a fast-paced and fluid environment. Individuals on this team:
- Lead test preparation and optimization for stores & marketing campaigns
- Analyze store/campaign performance and make recommendations
- Deliver data-driven customer insights
- Provide business performance reporting
- Communicate insights to business leaders
- Work cross-functionally with areas such as merchandise planning & allocation, marketing, finance, store operations, etc.
The team’s areas of focus include store/campaign testing & optimization, brand’s marketing spend optimization, understanding the behavior of our customers, analyzing campaign results, and provide business performance reporting. This team also works cross-functionally across the entire business, as well as with outside vendors.
The individual in this role is responsible for deriving consumer and marketing insights and recommendation that are both strategic and tactical on optimizing current and future cross channel marketing efforts.
- Manage media attribution and media mix model systems.
- Perform ad-hoc analytics and conversion optimization for business owners and develop conversion optimization strategies with solid analytical data.
- Integrate online and offline data structures to identify key trends, opportunities and challenges within program execution. Assess customer behavior across marketing channels and work with campaign owners to implement improvements.
- Identify strategic opportunities to maximize returns on marketing investment.
- Design experiments and develop analytical methods to inform marketing strategy across various channels and advocate for consistent, measurable, and incremental growth.
- Identify issues and opportunities in the data, and make recommendations on channel and funnel optimization, marketing strategy and mix, and profitability.
- Work across all channels to create post campaign response tracking and ROI as well as a more detailed campaign response analysis. Use analyses to design strategies for future campaigns.
- Develop test strategies across all tactics working with channel owners to implement, track and measure.
Reporting & Ad Hoc
- Identify potential to implement innovative new methodologies and improve analytical process driving a consist approach throughout the organization.
- Develop tracking and measurement reports to support channel owners to optimize tactics, including regular reporting of KPI’s, performance against KPI’s and forecasting.
- Define and develop dashboards and reports to meet the needs of the marketing team and tactic owners, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver all marketing reports and create ad hoc reports as necessary.
% of Time Spent
Marketing Optimization and Testing – Optimize cross-channel marketing ROI and assist in designing statistically valid tests.
Campaign Analytics – Perform analysis of each campaign following completion and provide clear results and KPI's to the program manager.
Analytics & Reporting – Provide data-driven campaign/customer insights Provide weekly business performance scorecards and monthly business review package
Ad Hoc Projects – Perform a variety of analytics to support the current state of the business and new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field of study or Marketing with equivalent quantitative work experience
- 3-5+ years in an analytics role; experience turning analysis and insights into actionable business plans
- Experience with R, Tableau or similar analysis, reporting and dash boarding tools
- Experience of databases, querying large datasets and writing SQL statements
- Experience with online analytics and testing tools such as Adobe Analytics
- Problem solver
- Conceptual thinker
- Focused on results
- Proficient communicator
- Manages ambiguity
- Highly accountable