Senior Manager, Consumer Insights
Ready to take on an exciting new insights opportunity in the Dallas area? Our client, a well-known player in the hospitality space, is seeking a Senior Consumer Insights Manager to join their expanding team. This new and highly-visible position will have the chance to take on ownership of a number of different initiatives spanning Voice of the Guest and customer satisfaction, branding work, tracking, ad/copy testing, concept testing, website usability, and other ad hoc initiatives to drive the business forward. This role will be working closely with key stakeholders from a number of divisions and interacting with the CMO and VP of Marketing on a regular basis.
Qualified candidates will have 6+ years of custom marketing research experience including client-side experience within the restaurant, QSR, hospitality or retail industries combined with experience on the supplier side. All candidates must have proven experience across a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies and expertise in customer satisfaction and customer experience is a must.
Must be hands-on throughout the research process, adept at managing 3rd party vendors, and able to work cross-functionally across a mix of internal business units, managing a variety of key efforts used to guide corporate strategy. Must be able to utilize research to guide forward thinking, long-term strategy but also apply insights into day-to-day tactical initiatives to help individual units or regions succeed.
This role is located in the greater Dallas area and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Successfully execute every step of a research project from RFP to research plan creation, questionnaire development, analysis, reporting, and presenting
- Work on a wide array of methodologies (e.g., Voice of the Guest, message and concept testing, innovation, website usability etc., etc.) and manage external research vendors and outside partners
- Help revamp the entire customer satisfaction and customer experience platform and act as the “Voice of the Guest” throughout the entire organization
- Apply insights to long-term strategic business issues as well as day-to-day business challenges
- Keep a pulse on the broader business, industry trends, and more
- 6+ years of hands-on custom research experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Ability to integrate disparate data sources to see the “big picture”
- Client-side experience within the hospitality, hotel, restaurant, or retail industries required; some supplier-side experience ideal
- Strong communication skills essential, both written and verbal; ability to uncover insights, tell a story, present to a mix of cross-functional teams
- Have a natural curiosity and the drive to understand the “whys” behind the data
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of research initiatives with a sense of urgency
- A keen eye for details and accuracy with a strong sense of accountability
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Business, or related field