Predictive Analytics Value Quantification Manager - Allstate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Value Quantification and Forecasting team supports the Data, Discovery & Decision Science (D3) verticals and their business partners by objectively quantifying, forecasting and measuring the financial impact of predictive analytics to drive informed business decisions for Allstate.
- Independently lead and direct daily execution of value quantification and forecasting efforts
- Facilitate achievement of business objectives with minimal guidance from the Director and other leaders; while managing multiple deadlines, accountabilities and competing priorities
- Anticipate issues/concerns taking proactive measures to identify business implications and recommend solutions
- Ensure a highly credible level of consulting, measurement, reporting and analysis
Lead the creation and maintenance of a consistent value quantification and forecast framework
- Build and maintain a consistent reporting structure that drives transparency into analytic project value quantification and KPI and financial metric forecasting and measurement
- Develop initial value quantification during project ideation phase to enable project prioritization
- Assist D3 and business unit partners in predictive analytic initiativeCBA business case development and execution –
- Define measurable KPIs and financial metrics that will determine project success
- Create and forecast KPI and financial goals that result in project success as defined by the CBA
- Assist in the development of a project implementation plan
- Measure the KPI and financial impact of each project against goals
- Serve as financial advisor and expert in absence of Director, assisting Business Unit leaders and stakeholders in a consultative manner and proactively identifying needs in the areas of forecasting, planning, measurement, business case development and internal controls
- Build and communicate convincing story lines and forward thinking insights (with minimum focus/reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Lead multi-discipline project teams as financial advisor
- Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, supportive environment)
- Maximize talent through consistent and effective use of the department’s talent management strategy
- Education: BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of financial and analytical expertise
- Experience in planning and forecasting
- Ability to build relationships with clients while offering analysis and recommendations for corrective action based on emerging trends
- Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
- Organizational and time management skills – leads through ambiguity and prioritizes multiple projects
- Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums
- Independent thinker with a strong team mindset
- Demonstrated experience in talent and people management
- Expertise using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use and train others to utilize databases and tools such as Dash, Business Objects and Tableau
- General knowledge of scripting languages such as R, Python, VBA
- Hadoop experience considered a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.