Manager of Consumer Insights
A well-known, Dallas-based food manufacturing firm is seeking a Manager of Consumer Insights to build the marketing research and insights function within the organization. This is a strategic and high-impact role, as this person will work cross-functionally to leverage insights that will guide and shape the direction of the business. This is a great opportunity for an experienced marketing researcher to build out an insights team from scratch within an established organization.
Qualified candidates should have:
- 10+ years’ experience in primary research with a deep insights toolkit
- Client-side experience required; industry experience within food & beverage or CPG preferred
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom research methodologies – proficient in both qualitative and quantitative (A&Us, concept testing, discreet choice, segmentation, communication testing, pricing elasticity, etc.)
- Proven experience managing external research partners: designing research plans, selecting vendors, managing the process, budgeting, synthesizing findings/insights, etc.
- A knack for creative problem solving, coming up with strategic and sound methodologies, and extracting actionable implications to distill throughout the business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential for interfacing with key stakeholders and building relationships across the organization
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to partner closely with key internal stakeholders and top-level executives
- Experience managing direct reports as well as managing large research budgets key
- A 4-year college degree; MBA preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. Local candidates please.