Manager of Consumer Insights - Tracking
Ready to take on an exciting new marketing research opportunity in the Chicago area? Our client, a well-known global player in the restaurant space, is seeking a new Consumer Insights Manager to join their expanding team and manage global tracking projects.
This is a brand new and highly-visible position that will be responsible for overseeing global large-scale continuous research initiatives in the form of brand equity trackers, advertising trackers, communication trackers, etc. in order to drive the business forward. This role reports directly into the Senior Director of Consumer Insights and will be responsible for cultivating relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
Qualified candidates will have between 8+ years of custom marketing research experience (some client-side experience preferred) and deep experience in tracking and continuous research initiatives. Must be hands-on throughout the research process, be able to manage third-party vendor partners, and work cross-functionally across a mix of internal business partners. Ideal candidates will have had experience deriving the “so what?” from the data and distilling insights an in effort to guide corporate strategy.
This role is located in the Chicago area and salary is commensurate with experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on custom research experience with a focus in tracking studies / methodologies (some global experience preferred)
- Self –starter with the ability to work autonomously with little oversight and to partner with team members across the globe
- Strong communication skills essential, both written and verbal; ability to uncover insights, and translate the data into recommendations for internal business partners
- Experience managing third-party vendors
- A mix of supplier-side and client-side experience is ideal, some experience within the restaurant, QSR, or retail industries preferred but not required
- Ability to integrate disparate data sources to see the “big picture”
- Have a natural curiosity with the drive to understand the “whys” behind the data
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of research initiatives with a sense of urgency
- A keen eye for details and accuracy with a strong sense of accountability
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Business, or related field